Get Involved. Give Back. Lead.
CPA Board of Directors applications are NOW being accepted! Your voices and talents are extremely important as we continue to build upon and strengthen local grassroots prevention efforts.
CPA continues to diligently support prevention professionals in eliminating and reducing substance misuse and risk-related behaviors. We have kept the needs and concerns of the prevention field as our key focus and continue to advocate, educate, and promote the importance of funding local prevention efforts.
CPA is committed to establishing a Board of Directors that is reflective of the diverse communities we serve throughout the state of Pennsylvania. As an equal opportunity organization with a commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), we will proudly consider all qualified applicants.
Why Apply to Become a Director?
One of the best ways to give back and have a voice in your community is by serving on a nonprofit board.
Board participation empowers you to ensure the health, equity, and stability of the community you serve. Board members who bring diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and personal experiences add tremendous value to elevating the mission and work of CPA.
There are many reasons to serve on a nonprofit board and here are just a few:
- Make an impact in the state and your community
- Professional development
- Expand your Network
What Makes a Productive Board Member?
Board members serve as ambassadors for their organization and understand the responsibility that comes with that role.
- As ambassadors, board members represent the board outside the “boardroom”. This can include talking with colleagues and friends about the good work of the organization and participating in their events.
- Board members serve as a link between the organization and its members, stakeholders, constituents, and clients and are responsible for educating influencers and the community about the importance of the organization’s work.
Check out the 6 characteristics of a good board member from BoardSource.
Key Information for Your Application
To apply for a position on the CPA Board of Directors, please follow these steps. All application materials should be submitted electronically by clicking the button located at the bottom of this page.
- Application Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2023 (Please note that CPA reserves the right to extend this deadline)
- Full Board Term: Two years, running from January 1, 2024, to December 31, 2025
- One-Year Terms: There may be one-year terms available, commencing on January 1, 2024, and concluding on December 31, 2024
- Prior to starting your application, you have the option to review all the application questions
- You can familiarize yourself with CPA’s mission, vision, and core values by visiting this link.
- Here is the schedule for the 2024 tentative board meeting dates and times.
- Find detailed information on the CPA Board of Directors responsibilities here.
Virtual Discussion with Potential Applicants
Are you thinking about applying but have questions or just want to hear more about CPA and the director positions? If so, please join the CPA Executive Team during one of the following times for a discussion about this opportunity. You can join a call by clicking a link below. Or, if you prefer a calendar invite with the Zoom link to join a call, please place your contact information here.
- 10/20/2023: Board Application Opens
- 10/30/2023: Open call for potential applicants with the CPA executive team
- 11/1/2023: Open call for potential applicants with the CPA executive team
- 11/30/2023: Application Closes
- 12/2023: CPA membership votes on the new slate of directors
- 12/2023: Welcome call with all new directors
More Information on CPA
For more information about CPA, please check out the following documents: